From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete worksheet using report generation tools

i have created an excel report using the report generation toolkit. One vi i have not found was delete worksheet.  My workbook template that i have created has 5 worksheets that i can populate with the data from my access database but sometimes i dont need all 5 and want to be able to delete some of the worksheets.  I tried using activex but it does not seem to be compatible with the report generation tools.  I was looking for any help with a vi that can delete worksheets that i did not use

thanks for your time
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,286 Views)

Hi brandon20,

the attached picture shows how you can delete a worksheet using activeX functions.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 05-28-2008 08:55 PM
Message 2 of 8
(3,284 Views)
I tried that method but when i connected it to the report generation vi it gave me an error saying that i have connected two wires of different types is there anyway to make activex compatible with report generation tools
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,278 Views)

i Changed the get worksheet in the  Report generation vi and it seems to work as i can delete the worksheet i want and save the file but i cant close the vi correctly it gives me an error that says passing a null ref name was wondering if anyone had any ideas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,273 Views)
Hi brandon20,
i´m not sure, but i think you shouldn´t close the _Worksheet reference. I think all references from the cluster will be closed in an other vi.

Hope it helps.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,264 Views)
still not working i have attached the VI that i am using to figure this problem out

Is there another way that would work???
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,262 Views)
question reposted here
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,239 Views)
Hi brandon20,
as i said before, if you don´t close the references from the cluster, then you can call the delete.vi more than ones without an error.
See the attached pictures.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 05-30-2008 08:25 AM
Download All
Message 8 of 8
(3,223 Views)