From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay time of signal

I want to delay and control input signal time with millimeters second order.

how do I make vi ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,320 Views)

Could you please elaborate your request?

I have a hard time to understand how time can be measured in millimeters (length).....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,314 Views)

I'm very sorry.

I attached the detail file,and please check it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,279 Views)

Hm, i still dont understand.

Millimeter (mm) is a prefixed unit from the SI unit "meter", which always refers to a length. Not time.

My guess is that you are looking for a control system which has a determined static latency (delay in time) and i guess that you want this delay to be somewhere around 1 millisecond.

If the delay is that short but must be deterministic, you have to use a real time computer system. Windows would not be able to accomplish this. Furthermore, you have to be sure that the hardware supports the requested speed (input and output).

If the delay is bigger than milliseconds and should be deterministic (but can be broken), Windows *might* be sufficient to run the application.

That being said, you see that you have to provide a lot of further information in order to get valuable help.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,272 Views)

Hi,

I believe I am looking for a solution to the same problem. I have a control signal that is being updated roughly 3 times a second. However, I would like to add a delay of approximately one second overall so the control signal gets sent to my hardware one second after it should (if there were no delay).

A simple-minded way would be to hard code variables to save the previous 3 control inputs then read them out with the delay. I would rather have something that is a time based delay since that method would depend heavily on the timings in the other parts of my program.

Thanks,
Andy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,242 Views)