From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

decimation( Does decimation.vi have a low pass filter?)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a question regarding decimation function (decimation(continuous).vi) in labview. Does it have a low pass filter to take care of aliasing, if yes is it a zero phase filter. Basically I am looking for some thing which can decimate 20KHz sampled signals to 5KHz.

Thanks,

kartik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,698 Views)

The resample VI in the same palette has an anti-aliasing LP filter option.  I'm not sure if it's zero-phase.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,691 Views)

Does labview have any vi that has inbuilt low pass filter along with decimation?

Thanks,

kartik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,679 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kasula

Depends on your LabVIEW version and installed toolkits. 

The Digital Filter Design Toolkit  has a decimation VI that includes a LP AA filter.  Open the LabVIEW Help and search for 'decimation' and 'filter' to see what tools are available.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 4 of 4
(2,669 Views)