LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Items with no Callers only ever shows 7 items?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm asking/post here before going to the Idea Exchange. But is there any reason why the Find Items with No Callers option in the project only ever shows 7 items even though there are many more? The screen even has scroll bars that are disabled. Is this a bug/error or is there some good reason it only shows 7 items at a time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,705 Views)

Duke,

When I use this function, a list is returned with 10 visible items and a scroll bar.  What version of LabVIEW are you using? I am currently running LabVIEW 2010 SP1. 

post.png

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,682 Views)

I'm also currently using Labview 10 SP1. I wonder if there is an option or line in the INI file that determines this...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,670 Views)

That is insteresting that you're not able to use a scroll bar to see additional items.  If you want to attach your current .ini file I'll take a look at it and look into this issue further.

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,654 Views)

I attached my INI file. I have no idea if the INI file controls anything like this, it was simply a suggestion. I would have no idea why else this would happen but reconfirmed today that I am limited to a few items and the scroll bar is never available to be used (even though the list is never longer than the original screen anyway).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,647 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JonJay

Well it was a good suggestion to check the .ini file.  There is a token called "FindProjectItems.MaxResults=x" My .ini file had this value set to 2000 while yours was set to 7.  I tried changing mine to 7 and I saw the same behavior as you.  You should just need to increase this value in the .ini file, then restart LabVIEW.

inifile.png

Good luck!

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

Message 6 of 7
(2,638 Views)

Worked perfectly. I have no idea how it got set to 7 as I didnt even know such a token existed. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,630 Views)