LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deay timer function

In my program ,  big motors or fans turn on suddenly depend on  either temperature or user action , I want to insert a 5 sec delay just before any of the fan starts, and turn on a buzzer for 5 sec .  I used a True Boolean signal to ON the motors , how can I insert a delay. I used several nested loop ( case structure )and some of the motors already tied with timer that makes  it complicated , I am using LabVIEW8.2 , any help in this regard will be highly appreciated ..

Thanks ,

Fayasoft

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,248 Views)
If I understand correctly what your problem is, here is a suggestion. Make a separate loop that runs in parallel with your nested loops. Communicate with this separate loop from the main loop using queues. Put the 5 second delay in the separate loop. That way your main loop can continue to run at the same speed it is now, but you can have the 5 second delay before the motor actually turns on.

Allen
Message 2 of 3
(2,241 Views)

Thanks Allen , I am going to try it , I was really busy at the end of the week , hope fully I will try to day thay way next week ,  but i think i need as many separate loops as i already have ... lets see , i will let you know

Thanks

Fayasoft

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,218 Views)