From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datasocket buffering

I have application1 and application2. Application1 is suppose to send data to application2 through dstp. Application1 acquires data from a NI-DAQ device at 20Hz (20samples/sec). The data is wired to the DataSocket Write. In application2, Data from DataSocket Read is logged into a txt file. It is found that some samples are missing. For example, in one second, the txt file in application2 is supposed to reflect 20 samples/sec, but it only show, say 17 or 18 samples/sec.

I know that this can be done through client or sever buffering, but i do not know exactly how to do it. Pls advise.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,227 Views)
Hi DAQmx

You have an example of sending images with Data Socket. You can find that in NI Example Finder, names: DS SendImage and DSReceiveImage.

Anyway, if it is very important not to loose any data, DataSocket may not be the best solution. TCP would work better.

Hope it helps,
Aitortxo.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,222 Views)