LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datamax I class driversfor LabVIEW

Hello

I need to identify if any drivers are available for the Datamax I-class printer to be driven over the Ethernet, can anyone help?

Regards

Laurence T Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,987 Views)

Hi Laurence, 

As far as I can tell there are no existing drivers for LabVIEW  to drive your printer over ethernet. You might be able to acheive communication with the printer yourself using the functions found in the Data Communication»Protocols»TCP pallette within LabVIEW. These functions can be used to send a string command to your printer and information about the functions can be found either here or within LabVIEW. If you do write a driver, it would be great if you could upload it to our instrument driver network at to help others in the future.

Unfortunately we don't offer the service of writing drivers in cases like these, but an alternative would be to get in touch with the manufacturer and see if they would be willing to produce one for you.

Please dont hesitate to reply to this thread again if you have further questions.

Regards,

Matt H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,945 Views)

Thank you Matt you have confirmed what I had found in my searches.

We are currently developing software to allow us to do this I will ask if we can upload but I will need permission, however I will help in any way I can if I get a question.

We are currently investigating the best way to do this we use a few of these devices.

Many thanks

Laurence

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,929 Views)

No worries Laurence, if its possible then great, hopefully it will help others in the community in the future.

I hope the development of your software goes well, and feel free to reply to this thread again if you have any further questions on this subject. 

Kind regards,

Matt H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,907 Views)

Turned out to be readily straight forward using the TCP pallet, all that is required is IP address printer port number and send a string command to format then print the lable. Its all in the manual.

If anyone needs help let me know

Regards

Laurence

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,901 Views)

I think I need your help.By the way can you teach me how to control it by Call Libarary Function in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,663 Views)