From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data displayed from a spreadsheet not correctly

Solved!
Go to solution

wow i didn't know the reason for the different looks.. 😛

Okay so I did that and the results in strings and in double are attached (the picture)..

Apparently, the strings show a more accurate value, than those in double (no change) but still the values are not 2.98... it's 0.00298..

Your help is very appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,385 Views)
Solution
Accepted by remapears

The values in the file are e.g. 2.6855000000000000e-02, which is the same as 0.026855000000000000. (make your string indicators wider to show the entire number!)

You still have not told us about the decimal delimiter setting in your OS. If your numbers typically display with a comma instead of a decimal point, you need to correct for that, e.g. by wiring a FALSE to the top of fract/exp string to number.

You can change the formatting of the numeric indicator to anything you want (e.g. exponential format, number of digits shown, etc.)

Message 12 of 13
(1,376 Views)

Perfect! 

I wired the false constant to that VI and changed the display formating and I got the correct display of the double array 😄

Thank you very much! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,363 Views)