From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqmx continuous samples-Retain all data-see real time plots

Solved!
Go to solution

-Andrew

Hey guys,

I'm really at wit's end with this problem

Background Info:

I am trying to read data from 5 thermocouples (5 channels) 

What I need is collect and record continuous data (possibly for a long period of time) at 1kHz and maybe have it buffer every one second?

(If I have a 1 second buffer than I basically am seeing real time data in my graphs which is what I want)

I also need to a real time temperature vs. time graph 

And a dT/dt vs. -1000/T graph

I have this all coded up, but I am continually running into the same problem 

when I am recording my data, (say at 1kHz and recording 1000 samples per second (buffer time is then 1s)) I'm using several write to measurement files to record my T vs. t data, my dT/dt vs. -1000/T data and then I am taking every fifth element of each of those and writing it to another measurement file

***Here is the big problem***

The VI records samples at time 0.000-1.000 and then starts recording again at 0.000-1.000 everytime it buffers.  I really need this to continue counting up and not reset every time it buffers

I am uploading My VIs and sub VIs

Be warned that it is messy, I’m new to this and I just want to get the code working before I worry about cleaning it up

I have looked at all the daqmx examples but I cannot get any of them to do what I want

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank You,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,198 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrewm6190

nevermind I figured it out.  I got rid of the constants controlling my for loops

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,192 Views)