LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq assistant: freezes labview

hi all i'm using the professional version of labview (8.5) which is on vista (32bit) and i'm trying to use the NI USB-6009 but everytime i try to add the daq assistant from the DAQmx palette present under Functions Palette>Measurement I/O it freezes labview. what i mean is that i select the daq assistant i drop it and then the functions palette goes away and if i try to click anything/anywhere in labview it just makes a *ting* sound. i did some searching and installed the 8.9 drivers but with no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated (as this is my first time using labview).

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,270 Views)

Hello,

Could you try loading Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and Creating a Task:

daqMXtask.PNG

Let us know if this works please!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,268 Views)

hmmm for some reason the measurement and automation (MAX) thing wont load up... just my luck :s

edit:

dunno if this helps but i have mcaffe anti virus

Message Edited by dannnyds on 08-04-2009 04:30 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,263 Views)

Hello,

It sounds like your installation of LabVIEW/MAX/DAQmx has some serious issues, are you able to reinstall the entire NI software package? Or better, format your development machine and start again?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,255 Views)

i was hoping to avoid a reinstall but i'll give that a go, reformatting is not an option. if i was to do a fresh install are there any specific steps/procedures i should be aware of?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,251 Views)

Hello,

I would wait a few hours and see if any helpful forum members have other less time-consuming ideas!

Failing that, just do a standard installation of LabVIEW with DAQmx drivers, etc. This will (should!) install DAQ Assistant and MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,249 Views)
so i do a standard install of labview and then i install the 8.9 drivers right?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,242 Views)

Hello,

Standard install of LabVIEW should contain all the drivers you need, I am unsure what 8.9 drivers you refer to!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,229 Views)

i did a fresh standard install and still no luck, could this be vista related?. i might try emulating xp and see if it works in that

edit:

just to clear up, i can make basic programs in labview with loops, knobs, charts etc and its only the daq assistant that i cant get to work

Message Edited by dannnyds on 08-04-2009 08:32 PM
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,211 Views)

Hello,

Ok, now feel free to go to this page and download the NI-DAQmx 8.8 driver which will specifically add the DAQ Assistant. This will hopefully make your install of LabVIEW function fully. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,187 Views)