LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customize the numeric control

Hello,

I need to customize the numeric control. As I know increment and decrement buttons in numeric control are boolean switch. I need these boolean outputs in addition to final numeric output in the control.

please inform via email

sarfarazata@yahoo,com

Regards

Sarfaraz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,414 Views)

Posting your e-mail address in a public forum is just begging to receive spam!

Have you tried customizing the control?  Right-click,  Advanced,  Customize.....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,396 Views)

... or googling "labview customize control"

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,345 Views)

When you say you need the Boolean Outputs as well as the numeric, what do you really need?  If I have a numeric Control (say, I32) that initially reads "3" and I push Inc, Inc, Dec, Inc (so I move it to 4, 5, 4, 5), what "output" do you want to see?  The final number plus an Array of Booleans (TTFT, where "T" = Inc and "F" = Dec)?  The final number + the last-pressed Boolean?

You can, of course, construct such a Control -- it will be a Cluster with an I32 part and a "Boolean" part, and you could create a little routine to "control" this Control (I believe there is even a mechanism called an XControl, or something like that -- I've no direct experience with them -- that can bundle the "Control" and the code together).  Is this really what you want?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,321 Views)

Thank you for response,  actually I want to control a digital potentiometer "X9C103" from LabVies, digital potentiometer increase or decrease its value by pules. In LabView I draw a Thermometer indicator which is up or down by a nemeric control, when I up or down the nemeric control I also want a pulse for digital I/O, to control the digital potentiometer.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,304 Views)

Thank you for valuable advise regarding email address,  further I have tried customized control but remain unsuccessful.  Actually I want to control a digital potentiometer "X9C103" from LabVies, digital potentiometer increase or decrease its value by pules. In LabView I draw a Thermometer indicator which is up or down by a nemeric control, when I up or down the nemeric control I also want a pulse for digital I/O, to control the digital potentiometer.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,303 Views)

If you set your increment for the numeric to be the same size as your "pulse" produces...

You can use an Event >>> Value Change

When the increment is pushed the value will change and the event should give you the "previous" and the "new" value.

You can then use the difference between the old and new to determine how many pulses to send.

But if your increment is set to match the "Pulse" then there should only be one Pulse" required. Now if the user changes the value NOT using the increment buttons, then the difference Old to New will be needed.

X-Controls are not being supported going forward into NXG, if I am keeping score correctly.

They have their own learning curve and are nice if you have some special GUI interactions that need to be used more than once in one or more applications. There was once a note in the LV Advanced course that said something like "X-Control are not easy to implement and should only be implemented by Architects" or something like that. Improperly implemented X-Controls can kill performance and can muck with you even in development mode.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,299 Views)

OK  I will try Event -- Value Change option.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,240 Views)