LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom listbox control

Hi,

Im using a cluster to store and display some data, its a boolean and 2 strings. I have customized the look of the indicator of one of this cluster elements. (see 'Cluster' in the attached screenshot) 

But I would like to display more then 1 item and be able to scroll if its more items then screensize. But how can I put these cluster items in a listbox and customize the look of the listbox to match what Im looking for?

I have done this with an array and it looks good but I want a scrool bar and not the 'index display' to control what items should be displayd in the array. (see 'Cluster Array' in the attached screenshot) 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,836 Views)

Hi Tudor,

you can use a scrollbar control to scroll the array. Instead of using your data in an array of cluster you can use a tree control with your own icons.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,830 Views)
where can I find the scrollbar controll? Im using lw 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,822 Views)

Hi Tudor,

i can't check it now, in LV85 they are in the numeric palette.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,816 Views)
I only have slide controlls in my numeric palette. I found it on labview 8.2 but not in lw 7.1 that im using for this project. Is it possible to save the scrollbar controll to a previous version? I could save it as 8.0 but not any lower becuase I dont have lw 8.0.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,807 Views)

Hi Tudor

Sorry to say but if you have a look at this KB you can see that you need LV8.0 to save a VI to a LV7.1 version. Also, functionality that has been added in a later version while most likely not work in a previous version. Like Mike suggested I think a tree control would be a good way to go

Best Regards

David
NISW

Message Edited by DavidEk on 07-13-2009 03:08 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,694 Views)