LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running everything without loops - A simulation for Gas process

We're trying to build a simulation of a gas process using 'programmable logic controllers', consoles ( old type with switches, lamps &meters ) & a LV interface.

The communication is effected through an ethernet modbus system. The PLC's have been utilized as cheap I/O handling devices. There is a certail intelligence that can be local to the PLC's though.

Link to my project  Here is a link to my project.

What I'm very eaget to decipher:

All the instruments, meters, lamps etc are connected to a set of 3 different PLC's. The computer that runs the VI will be in the background & not the main point of interface for the operator. Therefore it is likely that although the focus area is on one particular control set, someone else switches other buttons on other consoles getting no result. This in my understanding is the result of object oriented programming. ( which I do not think I can have as a part of my system ).

So... the question is ...

Can I have 250 odd variables in one VI. There will be sub VI's that have formulae embedded within this one.

In that case, about 50 odd variables ( acting as a cluster ) will be used to initialize the main VI.

This pushing of variables is to be done from a remote machine ( an instructor station ).

I also have queries as to how I may use 'ActiveX' applications within my VI's.

To make sense out of this, it is neccessary that you go through the links. I understand that theinformation may not be presented too well.

Vaishakh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,188 Views)