From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom file open dialog box

Dear Friends!

I need a custom file open/select dialog box (i.e a LabVIEW VI) that I can customize to mimic the looks of my project color scheme etc. Does one exist somewhere? If someone has already made one could you kindly share it with me? I'll be so much grateful to you.The one below is the one that windows provide, I need it in the VI form (so that I can customize it, change its colors etc) and use this in my application.

Message Edited by C .DOT on 03-19-2009 04:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,146 Views)

Well, I've done a custom file open/save dialog box, but it (deliberately) doesn't include extensions, (deliberately) doesn't allow navigation, and doesn't include the "Desktop" icons, etc.

But that was part of a project, that's a big chunk to ask for free.  

Do you have a specific problem making one work?

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,128 Views)
Dear CoastalMa…! Thanks a lot for your reply! No I have no problem making one work since I have not made one yet. I thought maybe one already exists someplace and I can download it and use it (for free of course, can't pay the development cost + profit). Or maybe someone here has made one and would show some philanthropy and share his hard work with me (again asking for monitary renumeration in return. All I can pay him back is a big (but worthless?) thanks). So there you have it, the whole story.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,124 Views)
I suggest that you try making your own dialog box (using LabVIEW's file functions, listbox or table, etc.).  When you run into obstacles, you can post specific questions to this forum.
>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,122 Views)

Here is a very simple example that could be a starting point.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 5 of 5
(3,118 Views)