LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal reports labview active x

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone have an idea on how to open a crystal reports report from labview? I am working on an application where test measurement data is stored from labview in a SQL database and I need to open several crystal reports from the same labview app. I have labview 8.5 and crystal 8.5.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,788 Views)
Any ideas????
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaime Rodriguez

If CR has registered an activeX i s'pose you can do it like i did with Acrobat.

Place an activeX container on front panel, link it to CR's activeX.

Place Invoke Nodes and use what functions are needed.

I assume you'll need some Load file, view/render, Close.

I hope that helps.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,756 Views)

Thanks a million that is exactly what I did... Add an ActiveX container in the front panel and add Crystal Reports Control to it, then play around with the property and invoke nodes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,744 Views)

Question: How did you convert a path e.g. c:\test.rpt to a suitable variant for ReportSource?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,575 Views)

You can use the variant to data function and convert it to any data type... However, I used the Crystal Reports Control ocx not the crystal reports viewer.... This one has a string input for the report path..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,562 Views)

I am trying to do something similar with lab view and crystal report but I am not familiar with activex. is it possible to have an example of how you did your code to control the report generation, that would be highly appreciated, Thank!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,201 Views)

Try this example that ships with LabVIEW to get you started with ActiveX. In LabVIEW go to help > Find Examples. Then in NI Example Finder browse to Communicating with External Applications > ActiveX > General > ActiveX Event Callback.vi

Aaron Douglass
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 8 of 8
(3,178 Views)