From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crio

Solved!
Go to solution
for cRIO 9066 software installation I have cRIO 9066 and after installing device drivers I'm able to see the cRIO device on MAX. Now the issue is that I'm not able to install software on the cRIO. When I'm going for any module (even any single) installation, it is not getting installed and says that the "can not continue because of the following unresolved dependencies" then dependency name (depending on what i wanted to install) "probable reason: the feature's real time support for this target type may not be installed." I have labVIEW 2012 and 2013 along with RT and FPGA modules, please help me resolve this issue. the cRIO module has status LED blinking twice.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rahulrana

What version of the RIO driver do you have?  The minimum software support for the chassis is technically LabVIEW 2014 but the driver versions are more important.

9066 min support.PNG

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 10
(4,276 Views)

Thanks @Jacobson for quick reply.

I'm using August 2015 CD of NI CompactRIO Device Drivers (LabVIEW 2015/2014/SP1/2013 SP1/2012 SP1)

and I have, as I mentioned earlier LabVIEW 2012 and 2013 installed in host PC.

I have one more doubt here, does LabVIEW 2014 SP1 mentioned here also include LabVIEW 2014 as well?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,248 Views)

@rahulrana wrote:

I have one more doubt here, does LabVIEW 2014 SP1 mentioned here also include LabVIEW 2014 as well?

What do you mean exactly?  LabVIEW 2014 SP1 is a different development environment than 2014 so it doesn't include it.  The drivers with the 2014 SP1 disc set should be compatible with LabVIEW 2014 if that is what you are asking though.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,216 Views)

Thanks, now I can see my chassis in MAX after LabVIEW 2014 installation.

About cRIO 9066:

But still I can't see the c-modules (9477,9425) on MAX (I have connected them into the chassis).

I was able to see 4 additional (and in total 5 ASRL1:INSTR for ethernet ports) when 9870 c-module was inserted.

Although after many times installation and reinstallation of software on cRIO I lost those additional ethernet ports as well.

I'm quite new to cRIO but I have some experience on PXI systems and this is start-up phase in cRIO so please eaborate your suggestions.

The softwares I have installed include nearly all on recommended list for cRIO i.e. 9066 by MAX.

If I don't install VISA and associated software tools then I'm not able to see even one ASRL1:INSTR for ethernet port under cRIO chassis.

I have switched firewall and antivirus off.

Please suggest.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,190 Views)

The problem got reolved after re-update of cRIO device drivers for newly installed LabVIEW 2014.

Then firmware update of cRIO to 3.0.0.

Although cRIO IO modules are never visible on MAX but can be seen on labview project window (i use 9425 & 9477).

All four ports of IO 9870 are also visible on MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,161 Views)

That's right,I have versions of 2015 for all the needed software and drive devices!

Once for all!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,847 Views)

I also encounter this problem .but the CRIO I used is CRIO9073,and install theSW is 2017,do you found the solution?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,918 Views)

I also encountered this problem ,but the CRIO I used is CRIO 9073,do you found the solution?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,917 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rahulrana

@GuMingyu wrote:

I also encountered this problem ,but the CRIO I used is CRIO 9073,do you found the solution?

Yes, it's even mentioned in his answer. The solution is to make sure to install the cRIO Device Driver software AFTER you installed the LabVIEW software itself. If you did it the other way around, just reinstall the cRIO Device Drivers again.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,909 Views)