LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating table

Hi all, 
I  am trying to create a programe that can tablulate the readings tat i accquire fr multimeter readings and calculations for the some of the parameters. The accquiring of data and calculation part i have managed to finished up. However, i have yet to be able to find examples on how to create table which can store the different parameters tat have been accquired for multiple readings by varying 1 of the parameters.  Attached is the fomat of the table.any1 got similar example that can let me refer to? Thks in advance. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,382 Views)
Hi,

build up a 2D-array of your measured data and feed this to the 'Write to spreadsheet' function.

You can also use the string formatting functions to build the table (i.e. csv-formatted text) on your own. Then you just use the 'write to text file' function.

Search for 'spreadsheet' in the labview-help or here in the forum!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,372 Views)
Thks. I will try to search again. For the array part, is it that i have to use the nested for loop and putting the array within it to create the array which user can decide the number of rows(number of tests), then the various reading will be taken by varying the parameter(voltage for example) by clicking a button to record. actually i quite new to LV, dun really understand how the array works in LV as its a bit different from other programming languges which uses nested for loop concept to create array.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,341 Views)
Hi hwq,

LabVIEW act on arrays the same as other languages: You can create an array before you use it ('Initialize array') or you can create it by using (nested) loops. You can define any kind of array (numbers, strings, etc.).

The only difference is the automatic indexing of arrays when you feed them into loops. When you right-click the wire tunnel at the border of the loop structure you can switch auto-indexing on or off - sometimes you need the whole array inside a loop structure!
Just look into the manual, chapter 8 (Loops).
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(2,331 Views)