cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating event dll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I creating a dll warpper to control ASIO drivers for sound cards. I want to generate an event on the buffer switch so LV can do the work needed.

I finished a first version using a fast while loop in LV, but I think that generating a event is a much elegant solution.

The problem I have now is to compile my code!! Indeed, I found some topics how to generate events from my dll. I have included "extcode.h" and some other stuff from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\cintools"

Now Visual C++ 2008 cannot link the functions :

Error    1    error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A000295) "void __cdecl PopulateStringHandle(struct LStr * *,char *)" (?PopulateStringHandle@@$$FYAXPAPAULStr@@PAD@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall DriverCluster::OnBufferSwitch(long,long)" (?OnBufferSwitch@DriverCluster@@$$FQAEXJJ@Z)    DriverCluster.obj    win32dll

Thank you for your help and I hope it's not a too stupide question Smiley Sad

Marc

Message Edité par MarcC le 12-11-2008 08:48 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,691 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarcC

Hi,

I found the solution, I just had to had in "used libs" the *.lib present in the folder cintools.

Sorry for flooding

Marc

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,682 Views)
I'm looking to do the same thing trying to use ASIO in labview did you send the VI/dll to Labview?  How does one get a copy to try it out?  I would love to be a beta tester for this DLL.  I'm not sure why Labview still hasn't made asio access in labview yet.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,649 Views)

Hi,

I cannot release the driver for the moment, I don't think my company would approve that I give the work I'm paid for... But to do the trick, you just need, the file asio.h from Steinberg. Then I found on the code-project, an exemple using asio driver in a c# code. Then you just need to creat a dll, some LV code and it over. 

Right now I just doing optimization.

Good luck, Marc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,620 Views)