cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create subfolder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hai guys,

I am using LabVIEW 2012 sp1. So, in this how can i create subfolder to save an excel file generated using report generation blocks.

The excel file have to be stored in different folder according to the test operation.

Can anyone suggest me how can create subfolders during the execution of the VI.

regards,

PHANI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,655 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tejaphani

Hello tejaphani,

there is a Create Folder VI in the File IO/Advanced File Functions Palette.

Hope this is what you needed.

Message 2 of 7
(3,644 Views)

Let me just add that if you try to create a folder that is already there, you will get a duplicate path error (error code 10).  I just clear that error after trying to create a folder.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,571 Views)

That's one of the reasons I use the Create Dir if Not Exist from OpenG under the File I/O package.  It can also make directories in directories, where the native function won't create a directroy, if the root of that doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,536 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

It can also make directories in directories, where the native function won't create a directroy, if the root of that doesn't exist.

Yes it does.  I do it all the time with the native function.

Just verified with 2014.  It created C:\temp\foo\bar\blah even though C:\temp\foo did not exist.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 7
(3,520 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Yes it does.  I do it all the time with the native function.

Just verified with 2014.  It created C:\temp\foo\bar\blah even though C:\temp\foo did not exist.

Oh sorry, thanks for the correction.  I must have been thinking of some other function, or maybe it didn't always work like this.  Tested in 2011 and it works there as well.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,509 Views)

Just tried in 8.2.1 with success.  It does stick in my mind that this did not work at some point, just don't remember when the change happened.  8.0?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,505 Views)