From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create executable

Hello,

I have my project that works correctly, but when I run the executable it doesn't work, it's a communication problem,

Indeed, I send commands from my PC (through LABVIEW) to my Electronic card, and at this level there is the problem( it working in the project, but in the executable it doesn't work),

I want to know if any changes need to be made in this case before or after creating the executable? can be enable or disable a parameter...?

Best Regards,

Aymane

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(902 Views)

Without studying (all of) your code, most helpfully as a complete LabVIEW Project with some notion of exactly what hardware you are connecting to it (you can easily attach a Project by compressing the folder that contains the Project, giving you a single .zip file that we can easily open), how do you expect anyone to make helpful suggestions?  We don't know what you are trying to do, we don't know what Hardware you are using, we don't know what protocols you are using ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(900 Views)

You can enable debug your exe code, look for this KB

DEBUG EXE

When you enable the debug you can look your code execution in the exe, search the bug and fix it, the main reason to fail an executable i found are:

• Fixed Paths, in your code you have paths like "C:\users\aeiou\desktop\...." and the exe you are trying to run in a machine with another user

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(875 Views)

@aymaneLAK wrote:

I have my project that works correctly, but when I run the executable it doesn't work, it's a communication problem,

Indeed, I send commands from my PC (through LABVIEW) to my Electronic card, and at this level there is the problem( it working in the project, but in the executable it doesn't work),

This sounds like a firewall issue.  Of course, I am assuming you are trying to communicate over TCP/IP.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(872 Views)