From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying application

Hey!

I want my appication .exe to be run on one PC only.Is there a way to protect multiple copies ,like some ini file command or sumthing??

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,235 Views)

Hi DeWalker,

one solution is to use a hardware id. Check if the correct id is present in your system and start your application in the true case. Another solution is to use a dongle.

Hope it helps. 

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,225 Views)

You mean i should geta  system id thru some LV block and verify it.......What sort of blocks are available for hardware id check??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,221 Views)

Hi DeWalker,

maybe the volume id which you get with a "dir" cmd in the command window is enough for you. You can get it into labview with the system exec function.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,215 Views)
I second the idea of using the volume ID. Bear in mind however, that in the (unlikely) event of the PC needing a replacement drive for whatever reason, you need to be able to edit the software lock. Even if it is to edit and recompile your code
(2,188 Views)