LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy labview table

Solved!
Go to solution

When I go to wire a labview table control to a labview table indicator and run the program, the row and column headers dont move from one table to the other.  A fix for this is to use property nodes for the control table row and column headers and also wire them to the property node for the row and column headers for the indicator.

The challenge comes in when I am dynamically changing the table row headers and column headers for each file that I read in and populate the table with.  As I read in another file, I want to collect the tables into an array for later use.  How do I collect tables with different row and column headers with simple programming techniques?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,101 Views)

I cannot open your code, because I use LabVIEW 2013.

The table control is already an array, so it is not possible to create array of tables. But you can use a singe Variant control and store all your different tables as variants attributes.

And maybe you can use a functional global with a variant shift register, where you can add and get tables based on some table ID.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,074 Views)

You need to make a user interface that provides that functionality. For example, you might have an array of tables control (not part of the UI, just for data) and a table indicator and a numeric control that acts like the index. In the block diagram you could have an event structure that responds to value changes in the numeric control. When the even is triggered you index out the nth table from the array and dynamically populates the headers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,059 Views)

The table is inside of a cluster which is in an array.  Why cant I have different tables in these array element clusters?  Because of the table attributes not being able to be different in each cluster ??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,991 Views)

The table is inside of a cluster which is in an array.  Why cant I have different tables in these array element clusters?  Because of the table attributes not being able to be different in each cluster ??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,990 Views)
Solution
Accepted by id

@id wrote:

Every control/indicator in an array must have the same properties.  This means that all of your tables in the cluster in the array will all have the same headers.  Of course, you could just put the header data in the table data itself and then you have all of the information.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,981 Views)