From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert storage refnum to TDMS file refnum

hii guys,

I am using  express VIs  for TDMS files and   also the traditional TDMS VIs.

The Express VIs eg "Open Data Storage"   generates  Storage Refnum.  whereas the TDMS VIs use File Refnum.

how do I  Convert the Refnum   to be used between both.

regards,

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,664 Views)

You can use Refnum to Path function available in functions pallet >>File IO>>Advance File Function >> Refnum to Path

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,649 Views)

hallo,

I have to use the TDMS and the data Storage functions Intermittently  as I need   the Set Channel Properties  Box from Data Storage for my TDMS file also I need the TDMS Write as I have it used in many VIs . The reference cant be shared between these 2  thats the Issue.

regards,

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,633 Views)

I am not sure about your requirement clearly.

TDM—The TDM file format saves the raw data that the measurement hardware acquires and the meta data in separate files.

TDM Streaming (TDMS)—The TDMS file format saves both the raw data and the meta data in the binary format in one file with the .tdms extension.

You can use either of them to store measurement data.

-What i don't get is what is the format you stored your data? When you choose one format why do you want to open it with another format?

-The reference cannot be be shared because the inputs are of different types it's like connecting apples to oranges.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,610 Views)

aparab wrote:  as I need   the Set Channel Properties  Box from Data Storage for my TDMS file

Just use the TDMS Set Properties instead.  No more need for the Data Storage VIs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,605 Views)