From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling Buttons

one more thing. the example you gave, if i dont send any stop event, would it run for good or automatically it will stop after few hours? i am sorry iask you very basic questions.but please think i am not a expert programmer. just beginning the labview programming. i just finished high school and started learning programming. hope you will not mind my questions?
regards
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 44
(745 Views)
You are basically asking me to write your vi for you, which I am not going to do. I have offered you a lot more help than is offered the average guy who posts on this forum. I suggest that you take a Labview course or buy a book that teaches Labview in depth. You design your program by thinking logically what would you do to achieve your results manually, then code accordingly. To run your vi for a certain amount of time, then stop, wouldn't you use something like a stopwatch or a kitchen timer? You have time tools in Labview, learn how to construct a timer in software. This thread has gone far enough and I
will not answer any more questions.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 44
(745 Views)
i appreciate your help and it was really nice of you that you provided me such an assistance. believe me i did not meant that you write a VI for me.this is very true that i asked you very basic questions.but iam just beginner to labview world. i am not an expert like you, just finished my high school and for 2 weeks started university studies. may be this was the reason that i asked you few basic things. i apologise that you become angry on my questions. if it is the case and if if you become angry on my questions, then i will never ask any questions. i promise.
once again i am sorry. thanks
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 44
(745 Views)
No apologies necessary, I wasn't angry. I just feel that you should learn some on your own. I went through the same phase. This forum is meant to supply help and to guide others to solutions. I just felt that I was overstepping the guiding bit. Take a class or read a book before you undertake complex projects. You will make tremendous progress that way. Good Luck.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 44
(745 Views)
fine. actually in the beginning of the program i set up a timer. i place it outside the while loop and it was working well.may be if you see my last vesion of VI.obviously this i did of my own. when you send me the latest VI, i became confuse.because in my last VI, i put the control for time outside the while loop and here with pause resume i did not understand where to put the time control. therefore i asked you.
any way thanks
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 44
(745 Views)
Dear Thob,
i am sorry that despite you forbid me to write some thing more in this thread, but i am writing it here. beacuse i dont know how to reach you in other way.
so thanks for your advice, i adapted your concept, but in a different way and it is fully working now. I hope you will be pleased to see the VI.
thanks again and regards
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 44
(745 Views)
"Dear Thob,
i am sorry that despite you forbid me to write some thing more in this thread, but i am writing it here. beacuse i dont know how to reach you in other way.
so thanks for your advice, i adapted your concept, but in a different way and it is fully working now. I hope you will be pleased to see the VI.
thanks again and regards"
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 44
(745 Views)
Hi hood1,

Tbob really stuck with you much longer than most of us would have done.

I suggest you watch for his other answers and pile on some stars!

It is best that you post many short questions instead of continually posting follow-up questions.

This allows those who answer questions to limit there involvment without feeling that they are abandoning the questioner.

It also helps with searching by others, in the future.

I still think Tbob has earned some extra stars.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 44
(745 Views)
Good suggestion but is it viable? It appears that it is only possible to grant "stars" only to the first person who replies. It looks to me that it is not possible to show appreciation to other contributors.

Regards,
RL
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 44
(745 Views)
Good point RL!

There are three ways (maybe more) to handle this.

1) Click on "Tbob"'s icon and find his other answers. Find a good one and give him stars there (after all they all end in the same pile).

2) Subscribe to Tbob, and give him stars on new questions.

3) Tbob can post an answer to this question and reference his extended thread. Then we can give him the stars he deserves.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 44
(745 Views)