LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controller supervision with dsc module

hello,

i have to configure an HMI with labview for supervision of the plc m3 of crouzet. i have done all the configurations for an I/O server but when i try to pilot the plc, it don't responding. So i assigned to my plc an invalid adress. Nothing changed!

if i use ni opc server for comunicate with the plc, i have the message error "device responded wtih exception 1".

Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,853 Views)

That is a Modbus Exception code.

"The function code received in the query is not an allowable action for the server (or slave). This may be because the function code is only applicable to newer devices, and was not implemented in the unit selected. It could also indicate that the server (or slave) is in the wrong state to process a request

of this type; for example, because it is unconfigured and is being asked to return register values."

Most likely it does not like the size or type of read request you are using.

Fred Loveless
Kepware Technologies
http://www.kepware.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,841 Views)

HELLO!

thanks for your response. now i haven't any exception error.but i always can't pilot the output relays my plc from the vi of labview. with the simple configuration of an i/o server(i choosed modbus in my case) even if i disconnect the ethernet cable of the plc i haven't any error.

do you know what is the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,827 Views)

If you set the IP address of the Modbus driver to the local PC's IP address or 127.0.0.1 then you are placing the device, in NI OPC Server, into slave mode. You will not get bad data in that cas and since it is not polling anything it will also not show any errors. The IP address used by the NI OPC Server for the device has to be different from the IP of the PC's neetowrk card. 

This is a guess as to what could be causing this. I would need much more information to troubleshoot in detail.

Fred Loveless
Kepware Technologies
http://www.kepware.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,815 Views)

of course i entered the ip address of my device when configuring the opc server which is different to the ip address of my pc. i use an ethernet extension(xn05)  with my pac(millenium 3 of crouzet) and i have assigned a ip address to my device. to be sure that my device is connected to my pc i use the "ping" command through the dos interface. now my problem is when i do modifications on my items by the vi front panel of labview there are any changes in my pac.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,811 Views)

Hi ndong,

I attach a project that I've been running on XD26 + XN05 and LabVIEW DSC 8.6. I configured all the points I / O regardless of whether they are occupied by the PLC. You can monitor the variables throw Distribuited System Manager.

The trick here was the modbus addressing of XN05. the help says that the address of J1ETH point is 12, but the modbus addressing begins on 400001, so 400001 + 12 = 400013

I hope this help you

PD I used Millenium 3 v2.5.0 AC7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,792 Views)