From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

continuous saving of samples in .lvm file through DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using DAQ to acquire the analog signal and I am saving the 1k samples in .lvm file using Write measurement file with a sample rate=1k, samples=1k in continous mode.I am able to see the data saved in .lvm file like this 1k samples then some lines of words (as channels,samples,date etc.)and then other 1k samples and so on untilled the .vi stopped but how to save the samples continuosly to placed in without any lines of words I mean saving the continuous samples.

The sequence is shown it the attached .lvm file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,635 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GoviRe

It would have been better to attach the code where you are configuring the Express VI. Have you just left the Express VI in it's default settings? Have you tried changing the setup to One Header Only?

Your choice of an Express VI means that you have limited options. If the available options do not suit your needs, you would need to use lower level file write functions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,622 Views)

I guess I haven't changed the header settings and I don't what is it.I attached the image showing the DAQ settings I have done and also the vi I am using.

Can you sugest what to do to get the required.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,611 Views)

Try changing the Segment Headers option for the Write to Measurement File as I already suggested.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,606 Views)

As Dennis has already stated, you should set your segment headers to One Header Only.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,601 Views)