LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

continous loop

i have developed a program to postion probe drive using stepper motor. in this program m calculating pulses required to given to stepper motor and then using daq m generating the pulses, but i am not able to run my vi in continous mode, i need to stop it to repeat motion. kindly, someone help me to get in continous mode.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,341 Views)

Dear Kusum,

Can you upload the VI in 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,314 Views)

You are not able to work in linear and radial mode at same time?Is that your problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,312 Views)

no, at a time only one motion but... as m using counter for pulses once its done.. i am not able to restart the distance. i need to stop vi everytime. this is my problem

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,277 Views)

Your code is inside out.

While loops don't belong in case structures.  Case structure belong in while loops.  You don't have any overall while loop that keeps your code running until you press stop.

Also several of your stop buttons are hidden.  You shouldn't have multiple stop buttons to stop individual loops.  It is a user interface nightmare to hit a stop button and not have the code stop because you didn't hit the right combination of stop buttons.

Generally, tab controls aren't used to drive case structures.  They are only used to organize the controls into different pages.

You should rearchitect your program into one that uses a state machine architecture.  Since you are basically looking at a series of events: Intialize, Idle, Start, Run, Stop, Shutdown, the series of eventsand when you transition from one to another would be controlled by what buttons get pressed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,270 Views)

ok.. thanks for valuable suggestion.. i will try it

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,265 Views)