LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect windwos application

hi,

I tried to connect windows applicatin which has been developed. you can see the video what i try to do.
http://www.screencast.com/t/bpfWBAJGc
using labview i called console (wish83.exe) then i typed command ns ns-simple.tcl then enter, I got nam window. without enter manually the command, is there any way to do using labview? I also want to control nam window menus using labview GUI. is it possible in LabVIEW? please anyone help me. I am new to LabVIEW. i couldn't see any examples on web.
Thank you.

Kumar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,524 Views)
Is it possible? Yes. Is it practical? Well, that's a different story. You can launch wish83.exe excutable using System Exec. To focus on the Console window that the executable creates where you enter the text you can use Windows API functions. There's a libwin32 library available in the NI Knowledgebase that is a library of wrapper around a bunch of Windows API calls. Some of these functions allow you to focus on windows and bring certain windows to the front. However, since you also want to be able to control menus and select menu items I would recommend using a macro utility that is specifically suited for this. There are many out there. AutoIt is one that I've used before, and if you really wanted to you can call AutoIt scripts and/or operations from LabVIEW using its ActiveX interface. You can see an example of this here.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,518 Views)
Hi,

Thank you for your help. I tried your example. i did script for notepad. I don't know how to use AutoIt au3 file in  LabVIEW.  please  guide me to do the example.
Thank you.

Kumar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,499 Views)
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking how to call an AutoIt script from LabVIEW, or how to write a script, or how to use the AutoIt ActiveX interface?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,483 Views)
Hi,
I want to know how to access AutoIt script from LabVIEW.
Thank you.

kumar
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,477 Views)
The example I showed you uses the ActiveX interface to execute commands rather than having a script. You can, however, write your script in AutoIt instead. If you've written the script then to call it from LabVIEW by using the System Exec function to call AutoIt3 and then pass it the name of your script. You can also compile your script into an executable and then use the same System Exec function to call your script executable. The latter is useful for deployment since the compiled script will not require AutoIt to be installed on the target computer.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,466 Views)