LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect an 1-D array of cluster of 3 elements with dynamic data

hi everybody.

I am trying to wire an 1-D array which consists of a cluster of 3 elements with dynamic data. The error that appears says that I'm trying to "connect two terminals of different types". Actually, what I want to do is write to a file the FFT data produced by the Spectral Measurements vi. In order to write to a file, I am using the Write to Measurement File vi, but I don't know if this is the right way to do this. Has anyone any idea about this problem, because I'm out of ideas....

Thanks a lot!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,850 Views)
Use "Express>Signal Manipulation>Merge Signals"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,844 Views)

Thank you so much for your answer, but can you be more specific? Which signals should I merge?

My problem is that from the Spectral Measurements vi I am trying to connect the FFT (Peaks) output (which is a 1-D array of cluster of 3 elements) with the appropriate vi to write to a file. I don't know which is the appropriate vi to write to file, because all I have tried so far give me errors. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,821 Views)

Use the merge signals to merge the dynamic data you have in your clusters.

if necesarry you need to extract the data before with e.g. index array and then the unbundle function from the cluster palette.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,809 Views)

ok! This works really good! thanks a lot! now i'm facing an other problem...The output file does not contain the right data. I want to collect the FFT (frequency vs. amplitude) of a time signal and it gives me the record length and the sampling rate instead.

For example, if I use a sampling rate of 300 ksamples/sec and a record length of 1000 sampling points, the file to be created has one column containing the record length e.g.

and on more column containing almost zero values and the value of the sample rate. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,803 Views)

Well, I solved my problem...finally! Thank you Christian for your valuable help!

antigoni

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,791 Views)