LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compariing data between loop iterations

Solved!
Go to solution

I am acquiring temperature data with an NI 9213 Thermocouple Reader and DAQ Assistant within a While loop.  I need to compare the temperature from one channel in a loop iteration with the temperture from the same channel in the previous iteration.  The data collected in each iteration is delivered to both a Chart and a data storage file.  I know how to obtain the temperature from the data array in the present iteration, but don't know how to obtain the temperature from the previous iteration, except perhaps by reading the whole file into an array, determining the size of the array, and interrogating the last entries. That seems a bit silly for every loop iteration, and perhaps even embarrassing.   Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,603 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reserved

Put the data into a shift register. The left terminal of the shift register will have the data from the previous iteration.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,601 Views)

Thanks for your rapid reply and solution, Lynn. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,596 Views)

Hi Reserved,

Shift register is best way for that. Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,594 Views)

Thanks to you also, Ranjeet.  I am hoping that, after a few more decades of learning to program in Labview, my questions will become more sophisticated.  Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,567 Views)