LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combo box selector

Hello,

Why doesn't the selector work on a combo box indicator? It works when  fine when I make the combo box a control, but then the user can type into the combo box and modify values.  I am using a combox box to allow the user to select from a list of strings that represent the last 8 unique commands that we sent to a piece of test equipment.

Regards,

Kaspar
Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,928 Views)
Hi Kaspar,
because an indicator is to show something and a control is to control something! Smiley Wink You can use an event case to check the user input or you can simply uncheck the "allow undefined strings" property. Smiley Happy
Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 07-15-2008 08:52 PM
Message 2 of 7
(2,922 Views)

Hello,

Well then what is a good way to present a list of strings to a user to pick from and not let them change the list?

Regards,

Kaspar

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,915 Views)
Hi Kaspar,
is the combo box with the provided uncheck no solution for you? You can also use a Listbox to present a list of strings to the user. In the listbox the user can only select the entry, but can´t change it.

Mike
Message 4 of 7
(2,909 Views)
Hello,

I just unchecked the box like you said and the combo box control works jsut the way I want it to!  Thank you!

Regards,

Kaspar
Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,886 Views)

I did uncheck the box bu. still not able to select data off the drop box?

Please help

Arjun

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,579 Views)

Hi Arjun,

I do not understand where in the problem you are.  You may have more luck restating your entire problem in a new thread instead of trying to reopen a thread that is 6 months old.  Thanks.

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,552 Views)