LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster control data access

Hello 

I am a beginner with LabView, this is my first issue I could not find an answer on the NI help and this forum ..

I would like to have a generic .vi that will save a cluster control  (ScopeParams) values. 

(as TestStand Properties and as next step as string pairs (label + data) in a file (xls) )

In the example attached I am trying to save it as TestStand property (can accept controls data types as input but not LV Variant).

The ScopeParams cluster controls can have different types and the cluster size can change.

I was able to obtain the control labels and the control LV vartiant value (not accepted as Set TS property input )

I try to use Variant to Data Function but cannot get the current control data type to be used for the cast..

Any hints ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,891 Views)

You may want to review this Nugget where I talked about accessing data of arbitrary cluster format.

It talks about a number of solutions for loading and saving data to files and if none of the canned solutions are good enough then I provided sample code to let you develop whatever you need.

Have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(2,875 Views)

Note:

THe above linked Nugget is not intended for Testand but it does cover the ideas behind getting at cluster you knew nothing about at developmnet time.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,873 Views)

A huge chunk of data for a beginner, it will take me sometime to consume :manhappy:

I started to implement the detection of the control type by error detection with 'to more specific class' cast approach from the pointed Nugget.

BTW.

Is there any reason why a control type property (or a get node/method) that could be

used as an input in variant to data is not directly implemented at some control related class level ?

I find it as a really missing feature (at my level anyway 🙂 )

Many Thanks,

lesiu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,855 Views)