LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charts x axis values really long

I can't find a way to format these x values... they always change to this really long string of numbers

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,949 Views)

Where are the numbers coming from? The look like timestamps to me.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 8
(2,935 Views)

Thank you for your reply, I am very much a novice and appreciate your help.

When we first step in the VI it works through a sequence of setting various values and loading protocols later on in the set of sequences (Lower right).  These values are loaded imdeiately.  My understanding is that the VI executes this stack before anything else?  Another problem, this is my first time working in a project and I am unable to trace?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,931 Views)

the previous post contains some of troubleshooting... changing XScale.Format to "7" resolved the issue but now I'd like the chart to start at time 0 (i'd really rather have relative time)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,923 Views)

Right click your chart from the front panel > properties > display format > relative time, and you can set the precision.

Message 5 of 8
(2,916 Views)

for some reason, it was being defaulted to this string... resolved

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,911 Views)

Some suggestions:

• Never post a picture of code (unless it is a Snippet) -- it is frequently hard to read, incomplete, and not executable (which means we can't test it).
  • Do post code, either attaching a VI or ZIP, or creating a Snippet (Block Diagram, Edit Menu, Create Snippet from Selection).  A Snippet is a special type of .png that lets you insert an image into these posts (using the Insert/Edit Image tool, above) that we can drag into a LabVIEW Block Diagram and get back actual LabVIEW code (don't ask me how it's done -- NI Magic).
  • Try to rarely use Frames (sequences), and almost never used Stacked Frames.  To serialize code, use the Error Line.  Note that most of the functions I can see in your picture (including the Property Nodes) have Error In and Error Out terminals.
  • When you start writing your own VIs, use the 4-2-2-4 pattern, with Error In on the lower left corner, Error Out on the lower right.

If one of your variables is Time, and you want Relative Time, simply take a Time reading at the beginning and subtract it from all of the other Time values.  Note that the TimeStamp format is "special" and displays date and time, while subtracting them gives you "seconds" as a float.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I recommend, after reading this, that you re-post your VI.  This is a test (to see if you read this, and are willing to take suggestions) ...

Message 7 of 8
(2,898 Views)

I was doing great until your P.S., thanks for the many suggestions... I have a lot of learning to do.  BTW, that snippet thing is amazing and a good option in my case.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,848 Views)