From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

channel power measuremnt usinf niRFSA

I am using niRFSA for bench measurements and looking for channel power measurement vi, to use in my test automation.

I looked under the examples and found something close (RFSA Measure Noise Floor), but not exactly what I am looking for.

Attached is an image of what I want to measure.

Measure à channel power.

Controls I will be using are as below.

Set reference level, RBW, VBW, SPAN, CENTER FREQUENCY,  No. of Averages and measurement BW (minimum bw should be able to go as low as 1 Hz).

Output would be measured power in dBm and in dBm/Hz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,148 Views)

Hi Anitas,

The NI Spectral Measurements Toolkit (SMT) has spectral measurement functions for performing channel power or in-band power measurements. There is a SMT example called SMT Power In Band for niRFSA.vi that you can reference. The KnowledgeBase article, found here, provides instructions for finding the SMT examples.

As a side note, for measurements performed in the NI-RFSA Soft Front Panel that are not available in SMT or the NI-RFSA API, you can reference the Community page that is found here for example code that demonstrates how to perform these measurements in LabVIEW.

Regards,

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,118 Views)