From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Example Code

NI-RFSA Soft Front Panel Measurement Examples

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Hardware

• PXI|VXI
  • RF|Wireless

Software

• LabVIEW

Driver

• NI RF Device Drivers

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview

Coding for some RFSA Soft Front Panel features that are not available in the Spectral Measurements Toolkit, or RFSA API for LabVIEW.

Description

When transitioning from using the NI-RFSA Soft Front Panel (SFP) to using LabVIEW, there are several measurement functions used in the SFP that are not available in the Spectral Measurements Toolkit (SMT) or NI-RFSA API for LabVIEW. Knowing this, National Instruments has created examples demonstrating how to perform measurements like CCDF, TOI, and SEM. Below there is a short description of each example provide in the library.

Within the analysis included we have the Complementary Cumulative Distribution Function, the Spectral Emission Mask, Third Order Intercept, Transmit Power, Trigger Spectrum, Video Bandwidth filter, and Zero Span. Included in each code is a simple description of what each analysis does.

Requirements

LabVIEW 2015 (or compatible)

Steps to Implement or Execute Code
1. Open the "NI-RFSA SFP Features exported to LabVIEW LV2015 - NIVerified.llb".
2. Select which analysis you would like to do.
3. Set the configuration information.
4. Run the VI.

Additional Information or References

Capture.PNG

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
tanim
NI Employee (retired)
on

Very useful to re-create SFP measurement results using LabVIEW code.

Tanim
National Instruments
Not applicable
on
thols
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

The interesting sub-VI's are password-protected, at least in VBW Example, so I cannot use this code since I cannot support it myself and NI does not support it. Or are these VI's available in the RFSA or RFmx installation somewhere? And the code does not show how to reproduce the SFP functions, which this page claims: https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/ni-rfsa-sfp/page/rfsasfp/duplicating_results.html

Certified LabVIEW Architect
BranoBilanovic
on
Hello, What is the password for some of these block diagrams? Specifically I am trying to configure the FFT window type in the SEM configure or calculation VIs but can not configure because they are password protected. Thank you.