LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing displayed precision by program

Solved!
Go to solution
In un indicatore, vorrei cambiare da programma il n° di cifre dopo la virgola (in modo da visualizzare sempre il medesimo n° di cifre significative indipendentemente dall'unità di misurra visualizzata)

es. se leggo 1000mm e voglio cambiare la visualizzazione voglio leggere 1,000m

e se leggo 1,000m la visualizzazione in millimetri deve essere 1000mm e non 1000,000mm.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,567 Views)
Hi alfa,

I try to answer your question in English as far as I got a clue of your problem.
If you want to change the settings of the scale of a graph manually just right-click on the graph in the front-panel and then click on "x-axis", "format" and there you can change e.g. SI-Units and the number of digits.
If you want to do that programatically take a property-node right-click on it and connect it with your graph. Then click on "property" and you can select x-axis, number of didgits... which can be wired to the rest of your vi.

Good luck,

Toni
Message 2 of 8
(2,567 Views)
Hi Toni,
thank you very much indeed.

I've found the property and solved the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,567 Views)
no, I didn't solved all the problems!

I cannot find the "precision" property in array indicators.

is there any other trick?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,567 Views)
You need to first get the "Array Element" and convert it to the correct reference type. then you can change the precision.

See the attached Example.

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 5 of 8
(2,567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alfa
Hi alfa,

I attached a little example with a graph and the property node. You can play with the control elements and see what happens to the graph...

Have fun,

Toni
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,567 Views)
hi Toni

thats's very funny! (and useful)

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alfa
thank you Shane

you example is very useful and fitted to the problem!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,567 Views)