LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing active excel sheet

Hi
how can I change the active sheet in excel with activeX-commands? I haven't found any example yet? I also tried to change the index in "open specific worksheet.vi".
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,178 Views)
Hi,

Find attached an example to select an active sheet.
The VI is in LabVIEW 6.1 and uses some of the VI from LabVIEW's excel example vi's.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 9
(4,175 Views)
Thanks alot. it works wonderfully.
is it also possible to choose the active sheet by its name?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,175 Views)
Hi,

Yes, instead of wiring an integer to the Sheets.Item method, wire a string.

Attached is modified example

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 4 of 9
(4,175 Views)
Hi

Thanks alot Ray.
it's quite easy this way. do your know a good page where I can downlaod and choose vi's for activeX and excel. por did you made them all by yourself?
regards
Yves Dieplinger
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,175 Views)
Hi Yves,

No I started from the example VIs found in the LabVIEW\examples\comm\ExcelExamples.llb. Then viewing the available methods and properties and using the help come up with a solution to your question.

There is a Toolset you can purchase from NI, ( http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?lang=US&pc=mn&cid=5769 ).

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,175 Views)
hi
do we need to purchase the toolkit in order to transfer the data from labview to excel files?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,145 Views)
To have LabVIEW communicate to Excel, you do not need to purchase the Report Generation Toolkit. The above examples you should be able to open in LabVIEW even if the Report Generation Toolkit is not installed. To communicate, you will need to use ActiveX and understand Microsoft's object model. There is a good tutorial discussing how to integrate Excel into NI software:

NIDZ Tutorial: Integrating Microsoft Excel with National Instruments Software

And just in case you're interested in the Report Generation Toolkit:
NIDZ Tutorial: Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel Using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: I...

Hope this helps. 🙂

Kileen
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,133 Views)
Yves

Here is some VI's that will help you out a lot.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 9 of 9
(4,130 Views)