From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating elements in my array

Hello

Im very new to Labview and this may seem like a trivial problem to some. But it is driving me crazy. I have an array that i want to display as a table. I want to be able to input into this table and be able to add rows or delete rows as i please. The problem is that if I enter a number in an element of the array and i add a row it blanks out whatever I had written. Attached is my code. I think there should be a simple solution to this coz i havent been able to find much online help to it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,327 Views)
The changes of the array values are not recorded in the shift register. You have to catch another event : the array value change, and pass the new array value to the right shift register.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 5
(2,313 Views)
Thanks. Worked like a charm.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,307 Views)
Like CC said. You're doing pretty good for a beginner. I took the liberty to modify your VI to add the value change event and to clean up some of the diagram. I eliminated a lot of the value property nodes and some other stuff like straightening up wires.
Message 4 of 5
(2,307 Views)
Thanks again for the modifications and your kind words
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,297 Views)