From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant create a multichannel multidevice tdms file

Sorry, I wasn't very explicit about those after the image. When the snippet was created, it put those in. Instead of the property nodes, just ignore/delete everything to the left of the "Channel Info" VIs. That is where the variables for your 3 tasks will go. Wire those tasks into the "Channel Info" VIs to get the channel names from each task.
Message Edited by charris on 03-18-2010 08:31 AM
Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(704 Views)
Charris, thanks for the edited comments. They were very helpful in determing what to do; however, I'm still getting the error that I posed on the previous post. I have a suspision that it is caused by the channel info vi not having a refnum because if I wire it in, it doesn't give me the error, but my tdms file is still not growing in size either meaning something else is wrong. 😞 I've posted the newest code and the three MAX tasks are just the first 3 channels of 3 daq cards 6052E analog inputs. -10, +10 voltage at 1k samples and 10k sample rate. differential. If you want to set them up and try to reproduce the error. Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(680 Views)

I don't have 3 cards, but I think this should do:

Notice that arrays start counting by 0 (not 1). and I store every device in a seperate group.

Ton

Message Edited by TCPlomp on 19-03-2010 01:28 PM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(671 Views)