LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find DAQ assistant in LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi! I installed the NI-DAQmax driver 9.3.5 after installing LabView 8.5 Student edition and I am not able to find the DAQ Assistant in the function palette. Could you please let me know what else could I do?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
(18,831 Views)

Install an earlier version of DAQmx since 9.3.5 is not compatible with LabVIEW 8.5. The latest version that is version 9.3.

Message 2 of 16
(18,828 Views)

I just did what you suggested and I still have the same problem. Should I uninstall LabView and download everything again? I have tried many things and nothing seems to work. This will be my last thing to try. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(18,811 Views)

Removing LabVIEW would be the last thing I would try. Did you first do an uninstall of the newer version? What does MAX show as being installed?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(18,806 Views)

Yes, I removed the Later version (9.3.5) before installing the earlier one. The earlier one that I just installed appears as part of the National Instruments files but when I launch LabView and try to create a new block diagram It does not appear in the Function Palette. Similarly, when I open an old LabView field that has been previously defined in another computer with another LabView user I cannot run the program as it gives me the error that DAQmax (which is the input function) is not installed.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(18,802 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cmorale4

Hi cmorale4,

Looking at this compatibility article for LabVIEW and DAQmx drivers, If you have LabVIEW 8.5 the latest driver that you can install and use should be NI-DAQmx 9.3 that you can find here.

The best process is to delete all drivers that you have installed so far, you can do a registry clean using CCleaner and then proceed to install version 9.3

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
Message 6 of 16
(18,788 Views)

hi i too have the same problem i too cant finfd the daq icon in the pallete. ,,i am using labview 2012 and i tried to intall daq version 9.1.7 and the harware i am using is  NI USB 6009 ..., if the  driver version is the problem what version i have to install and  and whether USB 6009 is compatible with labview 2012 .....and if i want to use the bio-medical tool kit for labview 2008 is it possible ??..please guide me sir.. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(16,811 Views)

@suriguvi88 wrote:

i am using labview 2012 and i tried to intall daq version 9.1.7 and the harware i am using is  NI USB 6009

I'm not finding a DAQmx version 9.1.7.  Even then according to this fancy chart, You need DAQmx 9.5.5 or newer (currently up to 9.8) to work with LabVIEW 2012.  If you don't have the driver disk that came with your copy of LabVIEW, I would recommend downloading the latest version (DAQmx 9.8).

@suriguvi88 wrote:

and if i want to use the bio-medical tool kit for labview 2008 is it possible ??

There was never a LabVIEW 2008.  Do you mean 8.6?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(16,787 Views)

So what problems do you have in looking a the compatibility article ?

What version does that say you have to use for LabVIEW 2012 ?

Spoiler
Minimum a version 9.5.5 of DAQmx for LabVIEW 2012

There are on LabVIEW 2008 version, theres is a LabVIEW 8.x 

You can not use a tool kit for LabVIEW 8.x together with LabVIEW 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(16,782 Views)

yeah i meant labview 8.0 only..and i have two doubts.!!!

1) Can we use the bio-medical toolkit for labview 8.0 . ( which i downloaded earlier from NI website ( evaluation software)?

2) Whether the NI DAQ driver of version 9.5.5 allows USB 6009 DAQ card to connect with labview??

Thanks...!!! 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(16,773 Views)