From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not find C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\addons

good monday morning people

I have the following problem:
I have a program that uses excel but it wouldn't open when I compile it as an executable.

I have searched the board because I kind of remember this being an age old problem and I have found a common solution would be to include a couple of files from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\addons

This proves to be a problem because I don't even have that folder

Happy programming,
Slingee
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,925 Views)
Hmmm... I assume the "addons" folder is present only when you have Addons installed (RT, FP, DSC, FPGA, ...)

So maybe your problem is that you need to get the appropriate Addon.

Could you post your program so that we could have a look ?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,919 Views)

I would but it is almost exactly the same as the sample program that Ni gave out so it is not really that useful if I do

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,910 Views)
This may also help,  I pretty much have the same problem execept I don't know where all the dynamic files are
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,901 Views)

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=79795&query.id=47839

This is what I have been reading but I can't find the dynamic files

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,890 Views)

hi there,

the author of the post you linked says "I'm using the report generation toolkit functions to open an excel file". the files you are missing are part of the report generation toolkit. if you don't have the rgt you could use ActiveX  to write/read from excel. search the examples shipped with LabVIEW for "Excel" of how to use ActiveX.

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,882 Views)
Hey guys,

I guess I wasn't giving out the clearest of picture but here is another thread that I happen to have a tiny part of

I had the same issue but with excel.  Try adding "_Word Dynamic VIs.vi" to your source file under Dynamic VIs and Support Files tab..  The file is in my vi.lib/addons/_office/wordsub.llb.  I use excel a lot and I have to add" _Excel Dynamic VIs" to my dynamic and support files.

I am actually looking for the _Excel Dynamic VIs mentioned

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,871 Views)

Oh yes and I forgot to mention that my program is exactly the same as Excel Macro Example.vi

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,859 Views)
I wonder if someone could just send me the _Excel Dynamic VIs

more over, can someone tell me how to add to a message instead of starting a new one?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,850 Views)

@slingee wrote:
I wonder if someone could just send me the _Excel Dynamic VIs

slingee,

As chrisger stated, those dynamic VI's are part of the Report Generation Toolkit which you don't seem to have ... so that may not be your problem.

Wild guess:  Have you copied the projects.xls file from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW x.x\examples\comm  to the directory containing your executable?

Check the online help ... it may have changed since LV6.1, but maybe not.

=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,833 Views)