LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can labview application developed in windows be installed in linux?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am using LabVIEW 2009 developer suite on windows 7 PC. I was wondering if, the application built with labview on PC can be deployed on the linux platform? if not, is there any way to develop the labview application on windows to deploy on linux platform?

I was also wondering if the single board computers such as Beagleboard, Raspberry Pi are loaded with linux, can labview application be deployed on these computers?

(in simpler words, I am wondering, with existing Labview 2009 developer suite on windows, can I develop a data acquisition application and deploy it on single board computers that have linux installed on them.)

Thanks!  

-Nilesh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author odessy27

In order to create an exe on a Linux platform, you need LabVIEW for Linux with it's application builder. You can open the source on the Linux machine.

Message 2 of 10
(4,499 Views)

Thanks for the quick response Dennis!

-Nilesh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,484 Views)

Hello,

I had understood well that I have to use  Linux version  of Labview to create exe Linux but the question remains interesting: what are prerequisites to make turn these exe on a Beagleboard or Raspberry pi??? Versions and minimum core of Linux, ect...

I wish to create two virtual machines: one for the development Labview Linux and the other one for the test  (clone of the  targets) what would be the configurations to adopt?? Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,390 Views)

This should give you some idea to start with.

BTW: There is a search function for the entire NI site!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,385 Views)

So since the LabVIEW RTE requirements for Linux are:

Linux kernel 2.2x, 2.4x, 2.6x, or 3.x and GNU C Library (glibc) Version 2.4.4 for the Intel x86 architecture

that would pretty much omit Raspberry Pi and Beagleboard etc. since they are not x86 architectures but various ARM's..

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,815 Views)

@QFang wrote:

So since the LabVIEW RTE requirements for Linux are:

Linux kernel 2.2x, 2.4x, 2.6x, or 3.x and GNU C Library (glibc) Version 2.4.4 for the Intel x86 architecture

that would pretty much omit Raspberry Pi and Beagleboard etc. since they are not x86 architectures but various ARM's..

Very accurately noticed. Yes!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,808 Views)

hi and many thanks

can i open implemented source of labview win on linux or i should implement new code on linux?

i have code consist of image processing blocks and other toolkits of labview win is it open in labview linux?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,675 Views)

It really depends. LabVIEW VIs are cross platform so no need to redevelop them for a different platform. But some of the LabVIEW functionality is platform specific. For instance ActiveX or .Net functionality is only supported on Windows. Apple Events only on Mac, the Pipe VIs only on Linux.

In addition if you use Toolkits that use external code shared libraries (DLLs) then they would have to be ported explicitedly to your other platform in order that you can load your VIs on the other platform without error. NI Vision is for instance only available for Windows 32 bit and Windows 64 bit.

If you used a different Vision library such as opencv you have to poll the creator of that library if they have support for your desired platform and also an according compatible LabVIEW interface. Because any difference in the external code library between platforms would have to be resolved in the VI interface library.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 9 of 10
(3,669 Views)

many thanks

and what should i do for first step to run my program in linux?
i have  ubunto linux 12.04 on my system.

_

_________
Persian Gulf

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,626 Views)