LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRio Warning required module, driver, or plugin not installed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm transferring a project from LabVIEW 2012 to LabVIEW 2016(64-bit) on windows 10, with an interface with cRio-9074. I see the following warning on my project explorer:

"Unsupported Item: LabVIEW currently cannot load the selected item. The required module, driver, or plug-in either is not installed or has an expired license. Ask the creator of the item or its project what software it requires. Contact NI for help identifying the software." labview c-rio warning.PNG

In response to this error, I downloaded the version of cRio driver that is compatible with cRIO-9074 for LabVIEW 2016 on windows10 (NICRIO1700.zip), found here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-17.0/6629/en/. After downloading, I restarted my computer and opened the project back up. I'm continuing to see the same error.

My questions are:

(1) Is there any way to see the specific module, driver, or plugin that I am still missing?

(2) Do you have any guesses about what might still be going wrong?

Thanks so much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,869 Views)

Hi aphilipps,

can you show a screenshot of the "Software" subtree shown in MAX?

This way we could see which modules and drivers you really have installed…

(Additionally check the LicenseManager to see the state of the RIO module.)

The problem shown usually means the RIO module isn't installed (properly)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,851 Views)

Hi, GerdW, Here is a screenshot from NiMAX:

niMAX screenshot.PNG

Also, I'm not sure how to check the license manager (new to this), but I'll try to look into that and let you know.

Thanks so much for you help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,834 Views)

Ok, and here is a screenshot of the license manager. Should this show cRIO?license manager screenshot.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,831 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author al_p

Hi aphilipps,

you need to install the Realtime module to be able to program additional RT targets...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 14
(5,794 Views)

Thank you, GerdW! I had trouble with installing the 64-bit version of the realtime module on my computer, to go with 64-bit labview 2016. I ended up installing the 32-bit labview, and installing the realtime module, c-rio module, and the soft motion module. Then, I was able to load my program without getting the cRio warning.

I appreciate all of your help!

Message 6 of 14
(5,750 Views)

Hello All,

I am seeing a similar error, but for CDAQ.. I have the following configuration:

image.png

On another one of my systems - that is identical - I have no issue, but the same driver set:

image.png

What did I do wrong??

Dan Haugen
Certified LabVIEW Developer
CLD Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,406 Views)

Hi Dan,

I took a look at your post, and think it would be useful if you posted the exact error message.  Is it exactly the same as for the cRIO?

Also, it may be useful to post to a new page, as this one already has a marked solution.  People may not think to check the page, considering there is a solution.  Additionally, you won't be able to mark a solution of your own once you find the answer.

That being said, have you tried a force reinstall?  They tend to be useful in resolving misbehaving software.  Force reinstalling DAQmx may help.

Trevor H.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,386 Views)

Why would you block out the things you're having an issue with and not tell us what the devices are?

Was the install order the same?  32 or 64 bit LV?  Are those RT cDAQs?  If so, did you install the RT module?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,381 Views)

@Trevor,

Yes, it is exactly the same error message. I have posted a new thread, i just thought since the errors were so similar, I'd try to reach out to people who have already solved this issue (although the hardware is different, it seems the issue is the same..)

I have not tried force reinstall - I will try that out. I have tried 'resetting the MAX database', something recommended by NI support, but this didnt solve the issue either..

@natasftw,

The devices are cDAQ-9135s. I used an installer to install the drivers and RT for the executable version before I installed the development environment. Most useful add-ons are only 32-bit, so I only use 32-bit versions of LabVIEW. I only blocked out proprietary code.

Dan Haugen
Certified LabVIEW Developer
CLD Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,356 Views)