From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO change operating system

Solved!
Go to solution

How can I change the operating system on my cRIO-9035 from "NI Linux Real-Time x64 4.9.47-rt37-6.1.0f0" to "NI Linux Real-Time x64 4.6.7-rt14-5.0.0f0"?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,640 Views)

Use MAX.  This NI paper may be helpful.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,618 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Morten_K

Hi Morten,

The first part of the version is the Linux kernel and as Bob Schor pointed out, it's connected to the version of Linux Realtime installed on the cRIO.

To see which version you need you can have a look at the changelog: https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Linux-Real-Time-Documents/Feature-Updates-and-Changelog-for-NI-Linux-Rea...

So for 4.6.7-rt14 you will need Linux Realtime 2017.

The second number is the firmware on the cRIO which you can downgrade following this knowledge base:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7OpSAK&l=en-US

You can choose a lower firmware version, but will receive a warning if you do so.

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,599 Views)

Hi Andreas,

I have already downgraded the firmware but the operating system still hasn't changed. See the attached photo.

Morten

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,591 Views)

Hi Morten,

I forgot, you will also need to format the cRIO and re-install the OS on the system.

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,585 Views)

My reply yesterday at 10 am (more-or-less) exactly describes your problem and tells you exactly what you have to do.  It does, indeed, involve using MAX to install the appropriate Operating System on the Remote Target.  Follow NI's directions and it will probably work.  Download and install random things and it will probably fail.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,574 Views)