LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO/cDAQ Watchdog Configuration

Solved!
Go to solution

I have one cRIO-9047 paired to two cDAQ-9189 chassis over TSN. I am using LabVIEW 2018 SP1 f4 with DAQmx 20.0.

I am trying to set up a DAQmx watchdog so that a network disconnection between the cRIO and cDAQ safes the outputs on the cDAQs. I am following this tutorial from NI:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/13/how-to-use-and-implement-the-watchdog...

I am running into two issues:

• When I use the DAQmx Watchdog Property Node, I can't find the "ExpirTrig.TrigOnNetworkConnLoss" property (or any properties for that matter). I have attached an image showing what this looks like in the code editor.
  • When I try importing the VI snippet in the article (figure 4) into my block diagram, it imports as an image rather than code.

I am hoping someone has set up something similar before and can perhaps identify what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,440 Views)

For your second point, make sure you save the image of the snippet to your desktop as a file first.  Don't just drag and drop from you browser.  Once the file is saved, then drag and drop that to your block diagram.

Message 2 of 3
(1,412 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JAnthony

If you drop a DAQmx property node down without having an appropriate task wired to it, it may not show any properties at all because of the built-in filtering of those property nodes. Create your watchdog task and then wire it to the property node and see if that enables you to see the various properties.  If not, right click on the property node and click on "Select Filter..." and choose a different option (i.e., Show All Attributes). Note that this won't actually make the options work for your hardware -- they just make them visible.

Message 3 of 3
(1,387 Views)