From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Network Configuration Trouble

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to connect a cRIO 9012 to my development computer but am having trouble. I attached a picture of the current settings but I keep getting connection errors. Basically I would like someone to tell me what I should put for:

IP Address

Subnet Mask

Gateway

DNS Server

Should the PC address match the cRIO adress? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,583 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MikeIsMyName

depends if you want to setup a sub network or the cRIO and the PC hang on the same network.

On your PC, set to automatic IP. Let it do its thing. Then do

cmd or start - all programs - accessories - command prompt

type ipconfig. This should get you the gateway and DNS server. Put PC to static IP, tupe these addresses in. Then use same DNS and gateway for your cRIO. You may want to use zenmap to find an IP in your network that is not taken. But that 192 looks as if you just have a router and your PC and the cRIO is hanging on that? cRIO maybe 192.168.10.212 then. Better ping it in the cmd window (ping 192.168.10.212). If it times out, no one else is using it at present.

Subnet mask is most likely 255.255.0.0. Gateway would be similar to DNS server. Good luck.

Dont forget to save on the cRIO so it keeps its new IP address. This can take a while and it wants to reboot. Then ping again to be sure, should take less than 1ms. You would be able to ftp into your cRIO as well, this is another chapter

Message 2 of 4
(2,563 Views)

the gateway and the dns-search are not important for the crio

important is, that both devices are in the same subnet of each other.

so if your PC is 10.0.0.15 and its subnet is 255.255.255.0,

then your cRIO must have an address of the form 10.0.0.*

(where * is not 15 or any other already used IP).

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,545 Views)

seems though you may get in trouble with UDP or the shared variables engine, if the DNS server is not right. Our IT guy from Slooooooooooooowenia somehow got rid of the DNS server and out of the blue the cRIO stopped sending variables

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,140 Views)