cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bulean switch for DO trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I am kind of puzzled regarding the problem I encountered in my vi. It does forces aquisition from a load cell and it records motion coordinates from my motion system.

I added a block for DO trigger, that sends TTL 5V signal to a PIV system, trigger does work, and I can read signal on both multimeter and PIV starts its sequence after it. What I am tryint to accomplish is to start recording to file and triggering at the same time.

I tried to wire bulean switch from my "write to file" control to digital bool <<data>> slot, but when I run vi, as soon as I push "record", labview freezes. If I create a dedicated bulean control for the trigger(which is what I have in attached file), everything works fine.

Can somebody sugges a possible solution?

Thanks in advance

Oleks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,451 Views)

"boolean"

You should attach your non-working VI as well.  It is kind of hard to figure out why it may not be working right if we can't see it.Smiley Wink

Which button is "record", the "Write to File"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,443 Views)

Oh, yeah, I should pay more attention to spelling Smiley Very Happy

I'll update vi tomorrow, as I don't have access to Labview at home, but yes, record will be "write to file" switch that is wired to two "write to file" subVIs.

Basically I tried to wire it also to DO switch in order to achieve synchronous recording/triggering. Anyways, I'll update post tomorrow with appropriate file.

Thanks for the response Ravens!

Oleks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oleks

Update,

I found the problem. Apparently I should of pay attention to the error message.  The cause for program to "freeze" was my attempts to write data to a switched off external hard drive ... ouch

It is working now.

Oleks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,415 Views)