LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building installer with 8.5

I have built an application with Labview 8.5 and am trying to build an installer with the 8.5 runtime engine for a stand alone program.  However the exe builds okay, but when I try to build the installer I get a message saying some components need to be load from real-time module 8.6.1 and it asks for the directory of the nist.id.   I am not using any real time in my application.  It seems as though this started popping up after I installed Labview 8.6.  Anyone have any Ideas.

Regards,

Wade

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,157 Views)

Hello,

This might be helpful in your situation:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C3666BA408F81E59862570D20056E692?OpenDocument

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,142 Views)

Thanks for the Reply and link.  I just placed the Labview disk in the disk drive and selected that directory so the installer builder could locate the file it was looking for, and then cached it.  However I am curious as to why all of the sudden it needs the real time module 8.6.1. If my only additional installer is RT engine 8.5.  Before I upgrade to NI DAQ 8.8 that came with LV 8.6 I hadn't gotten this request for the RT Module components while only requesting the RT engine for an additional installer.  Anyways its no big deal now that I have the file cached.  It doesn't ask anymore.  Thanks.

Wade

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,139 Views)