LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building exe problem about communication between compactRIO and MOVIDRIVE B

Hello all,
I have a problem about building an exe (I think). I have 2 VIs, first one is under my computer which is named "main" and the other is under cRIO (9073) which is
named "cRIO (FRM)".

"main" VI contains only x_axis coordinate that we want. And it sends that coordinate into "cRIO (FRM)" VI and from there to drivers.

Other necessary informations are in the Block Diagrams.

Up to this point everything works well (communication, movement..) but when that i build an application under PC and cRIO, something is happened and communication is broken. I mean apparently there is a communication between drivers and cRIO but movement is not happen.

My question is that what is the reason of this?

Best Regards!

Thanks!
~drycsr~
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,434 Views)

Are the shared variable libraries being deployed when you are running them as an .exe?  I don't see anything in your code that deploys the libraries.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,425 Views)

Hi Ravens Fan,

When building an exe under the my computer, there is a choice about "Shared Variable Deployment". Is this the way mentioned by you?

Thanks!
~drycsr~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,422 Views)

I know for a system I have using a compact Fieldpoint, I did a programmatic deployment in my application.

But that dialog you found appears to be the way you should deploy the shared variables so definitely try that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,407 Views)

Hello drycsr,

When you build your executable, you need to be sure to include your variable library in your source files. Then it will show up in that "Shared Variable Deployment" list.  

Also, I assume you have separate executables for the real-time side and the host side? Are you going through the process of deploying a startup executable to your real-time target?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B37FA04A1CB84B6C862571A30060EF03

Once you have that working, you should be able to see your variables show up in the NI Distributed Systems Manager (as soon as you've deployed the executable on the real-time target).

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,395 Views)

Hello all,

Thanks for your replies! I've solved my problem:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/modbus-ethernet-example/m-p/849140#M385109

Thank you again.

Thanks!
~drycsr~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6