From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program worked for months just stopped working four days ago

Hello all,

I have a program that controls an Andor camera. This program uses a matlab script to configure the camera and arm the external trigger. Once the camera is triggered by another portion of the labview program a second matlab script saves the data taken. This program has worked for almost half a year until last Friday. When I configure the camera for internal triggering an image is captured and saved just as before, however, when I set the camera for an external trigger the program no longer waits until a trigger signal is sent it immediately returns all zeros for the camera values once the "StartAcquisition" command is sent. I have tried three previously debugged versions of this program and none of them work any more. No one would mistake me for a skilled programmer but if the program worked for months why would it stop now... As far as I can tell all other aspects of the program and camera control still work. I have used the Andor Solis software to confirm that the external trigger still works on the camera.

If you have any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,560 Views)

Try to figure out what may have changed before last Friday.  If you hadn't changed anything, then I would suspect your IT department forcing some "update" that broke a key file on your PC.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,553 Views)

Dear Andorikon,

I am relatively new to labview and I am having also a andor ixon x3 which I would like to control using labview. I couldnt find any examples on the internet, is it possible that you send me your vi so that I can know how to do primitive tasks as switiching on the cooler etc...

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,503 Views)

@Ravens Fan wrote:

Try to figure out what may have changed before last Friday.  If you hadn't changed anything, then I would suspect your IT department forcing some "update" that broke a key file on your PC.

ditto...

Since you are working with your source code, can you put some debug points inside your code in order to pinpoint where it dies?  This can be done by creating an ActionEngine / FunctionalGlobal, where you log to file (and save) different regions within the code.  That way, you do not need to highlight execution to find out where it died (or at least know what it did last).  Then you can set a breakpoint and follow through the code. 

Does it throw an exception or some details about the crash? or why it stopped working?  I'd have to read back up to your original post, but my next question would be, what drivers are associated with the camera?  Were those drivers updated last Friday? 

EDIT:  Since your camera still works with the other application, then the drivers should be ok..  You need to pinpoint where in your code things go bad.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,495 Views)